Looking for a quick & easy Rib recipe that will make you look like a superstar! Well, here you go….oven roasted Greek ribs. Marinated in lemon juice, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, garlic, & olive oil and then roasted in the oven. Serve alongside some lemon potatoes and a Greek salad and dinner is served.
Serves 3-4 people
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 – 2 1/2 hours
- 1-2 racks of back ribs
- 4-5 lemons
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary (stripped off the stem)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme (stripped off the stem)
- 1 bunch fresh oregano (stripped off the stem)
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Marinating the Ribs
- In a large bowl combine: the zest of 2 lemons, juice from all the lemons, rosemary, thyme, oregano, minced garlic, olive oil.* Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Trim any excess fat from the ribs & remove the silver skin from the backside of the ribs.
- Cut each rack into individual ribs.
- Place the ribs in a large roasting dish or a ziplock back and pour marinade all over. Place in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight. If using a roasting dish flip the ribs every couple of hours, if using a ziplock bag massage the ribs 3-4 hours.
*If only doing 1 rack of ribs cut the number of lemons used in half.
Roasting the Ribs
- Remove the ribs from the fridge and let come to room temp (about 1 hour before cooking).
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place ribs on large foiled lined baking sheet allowing for some space between ribs. If using two racks you may want to spread the ribs out over two sheets.
- Roast ribs for about 15-20 mins and until they start to brown.
- Reduce the heat to 325°F and continue roasting ribs for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
This dish can also be done on the BBQ, just cook the ribs over indirect heat to start and then grill for 12-15 over direct heat to finish.
I like to serve the ribs alongside roasted lemon potatoes and a Greek salad.